Why beeswax ?
- Beeswax is a natural product.
- Beeswax burns longer than other waxes.
- Beeswax burns brighter than other waxes (it has the same light spectrum as the sun).
- Beeswax is a renewable raw material.
- Beeswax has unlimited shelf life.
- Beeswax releases negative ions during the burning time, which removes pollution and allergens (dust, bacteria, viruses, mold, odors) from the air.
Paraffin candles release harmful carcinogens into the air. Paraffin is the by-product of crude oil processing and settles as sludge at the bottom of crude oil drums. Already loaded with toxins, the paraffin is then bleached with more chemicals to lighten the color of the wax. Synthetic fragrances are often added to the paraffin candle. This releases more toxins into the air when a paraffin candle burns. Entomologist Bill Reno writes: Inhaling the fumes from paraffin candles is essentially the same as inhaling diesel exhaust.
Treat yourself to a beeswax candle for you and your home.